Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Darling Clem.


There were really two scenes in the entire movie that I thought were really interesting. One was the showdown at the end between the sheriff and the bad guys, and the other was when Doc Holiday met the sheriff in the bar and then went to the show together. Theses two scenes really stuck out to me because they seemed like they were going to have a lot to do with the plot and how the story was going to unfold.

The first scene, Doc meeting Wyatt in the bar, was probably my favorite scene in the movie. It was very suspenseful because I didn't know if Doc was going to accept him or just want to shoot him. The way that Wyatt acts showed a lot about his charachter's attitude and that he wasn't going to back down to Doc even though everyone made him out to be some crazy bad-ass. This really set the tone for Doc and Wyatt's relationship throughout the movie and helped develop a mutual friendship between Doc and Wyatt.

The other scene that I really enjoyed was the gunfight at the O.K. corral. It was very suspenseful and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The fact that the bell rang right before someone was about to get shot also played a part in the suspense but I really liked the fact that I had no idea how it was going to turn out. While I must say that one of the gun shots sounds more like a laser from Star Wars, the camera and sound were really good in this scene. I felt that the climax of this scene was when Wyatt came out from behind the stagecoach and said, "I have a warrant for your arrest(or something along those lines" to the bad guy. At this point I didn't know if he was going to be shot at or if it would just break out into a crazy gunfight. These suspenseful parts of the scene are what really make it great and I thought it was a great way to finish up the movie.

Overall I liked the movie and the whole shoot first, ask questions later attitude that it had. I can't wait to see this Once Upon a Time in the West and am thinking that it's probably going to be even better.

2 comments:

PaddyC said...

both of those are good scenes. I thought that the first scene between wyatt and doc would lead to them shooting each other. I never thought that at the end they would be fighting together at the ok coral

Bobby J. said...

Nick , good job, I also agree with paddy that i thought for sure Doc and Wyatt would have a shootout there at the bar. Its cool how they came together, because they are both such dominant forces