Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bringing Up Baby


Wow, what an interesting movie... First off I just want to say that no one would ever act like either of the two main characters in the movie in real life, but this didn't bother me that much. I actually enjoyed how crazy Susan was and all her schemes to get David to stay with her. The dialogue was really interesting as well as the "unique" humor in this movie. What I mean by this is all of the crazy things that happen that would never actually happen to normal people, then they are repeated. I found this to be funny and thought this movie was making fun of our daily lives and how people worry and work to hard. It's definitely a different type of movie then I have ever seen before and probably won't want to see another screwball comedy for a while, but I can say that I am glad that I saw this one.

2 comments:

finch1212 said...

i found the movie to be quite annoying, thanks to Susan and her high pitched voice. I do agree that this movie is mocking society in a way and making fun of life as it is. I also agree that this coul dnever happen, because no one would take that much crap from someone.

PaddyC said...

I would agree that this would never happen in real life. David would really have to be spineless to skip his wedding just because susane wouldn't let him leave. I couldn't believe how pointless a movie could be until I saw this one.