Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Groundhog Day


I really enjoyed this movie and it's probably my favorite out of the ones we've seen in class. I really like the crazy concept of someone being trapped in the same day and having to live it over and over again. I think this really reflects the lives that some of us live throughout the school year. I feel like I wake up every morning, eat breakfast, drive to school, and then sleep during school. This movie may be telling us that we need to spice up our lives a little bit and start making the most out of it. I also felt like the reason I liked this movie so much was just the overall concept behind it. In a far out way it was kind of like the concept in the Matrix and how life may not really be as it seems. Overall I thought it was a hilarious movie and Ned Ryerson is the man.

As far as acting goes I really liked the humor of Bill Murray's character and thought that he did a really great job of showing the emotions that were going through Phil during the movie. I also felt that the character who played Rita did a great job of playing into the script and not showing that she knew anything about what was going on to Phil after each day. Otherwise the other actors were all good and Ned Ryerson was very funny.

2 comments:

finch1212 said...

rohme dome, i completey agree 100%. I feel that the acting is what made it a humorous movie. I also believe that its a complete replica of a students life or a grown usp life. like a 9-5 shift, every day 5 days a week, or even school 8:30 to 3:10 5 days a week. Its very interesting concept. good review.

Bobby J. said...

rachko nice post.The acting was great by Bill Murrey. I agree that his emotions played a big part into guessing as to why he was living the smae day again and again...

ps. this is nick rachko not rohme dome ..