Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Double Indemnity


Double Indemnity was a very interesting film and like nothing I have ever seen before. Until this one I had never seen a "film noir" and didn't think that I would really enjoy them. The beginning seemed a bit slow for me because we already knew that he was going to get caught and that everything he was planing out was going to waste anyway. Having said that I really enjoyed the last 30 or so minutes of the movie and thought it was all really exciting and interesting. After having watched what looked like a flawless fake crime, I was interested in knowing how he gets caught and exactly how Keys ends up finding out. I felt that the lighting played a big part in this movie and there where a lot of scenes where shadows of things were used and where the shadows from a window would fall on a character. I didn't really find the lighting to make the movie any better or worse it was just something I noticed while watching. Overall I would have to say that by the time the movie was done I had enjoyed watching it and that the plot was fairly interesting.

No comments: